Monday, May 30, 2011

What I've Been Up To

I have finally got some things checked off my To Do list! No, not cards but just decorative things I've been wanting to do forever =) So here they are! Today I'm hoping to do some papery crafts.....

For the top I just used a frame I got at the swapmeet, cut different fonts from my Silhouette and used my Xyron machine to stick 'em all in place. Total cost about $1.50
The summer banner is pennant pieces cut and letters cut out of my Cricut using "All Mixed Up" cartridge. I used random flower and brads I had on hand to gussy it up a bit. I strung it all together with some lacy stuff I got at a garage sale for a nickle. I also cut out some flowers with my Sidekick and ran it through my Xyron to stick to the candles in the hurricane candle holder. Total cost about a buck.





We've been watching this hat rack for about 6 weeks at the local Goodwill. It was originally 79.99 and gold...eeeew! Finally after haggling, my Hunny got the hatrack for 9.99 and I painted it white...much better! In theory there will be no more backpacks or jackets on the floor. Yeah, yeah I know I'm fooling myself but hey, it's worth a shot =) See the corners of the pictures on the ground? $5 at the swapmeet (30x36) and I can't wait to put 'em up!


These are my favorites! This one is printed 8x10 and can be found here at Simply Fresh Designs. Again, swapmeet frames that cost a buck!

When I saw this one I had to have it! It is so our world...you can find it here at Taidye Originals. It prints in 5x7 so I added a piece of SU! Rose Red cardstock and you can't really tell the difference.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Blogger didn't like this picture, it should be rotated clockwise, which I did but Blogger uploaded it the crooked way. Oh well, you get the point. I love the Frugalcrafter and when I saw this tutorial, I had to make it! It's a Ribbon Shelf (duh) I was only able to find a 20x30 piece of foam core at Dollar Tree so that's what I used. I improvised and it really fits my needs and my shelf =) I don't have many spools of ribbon so now I've gotta find something to do with my loose stuff now. Maybe I'll print some spools from here and add to the sides =)

And that's it folks...see, I have been doing stuff =)

No comments:

Post a Comment