Saturday, April 9, 2011

Floating Octopus

One thing I promise is that I have never ever once thought about buying an octopus stamp. Cross my heart, pinky promise......never ever! Personally I'm not a fan of octopie (is that the correct plural???), they look creepy and they are verrrrrry slimy, yeah not for me.

In the new Summer Mini there's a stamp set that's beachy, I bought the set for the surboards (trust me, you'll see this stamp SOON) nothing else, just the boards. You see I have some surfboard scrapbook paper and had a *~vision~* of this perfect card =)

I made a deal with myself (pretty crazy huh) that I would use the other stamps in the set before I used the surfboards. This way the other stamps won't feel neglected, hey at least they get one use right?....I know, I have issues.

Since I didn't want stamps to get neglected I started thinking about my neglected paper colors. I bought Peach Parfait to go with the Garden DSP, but I honestly don't usually use it. So I popped out the neglected paper and went to work! (Used the sketch from ESS #125)



The bubble background is actually a bubble gum stamp from Victorine Originals and I did the wavy embossed paper with a Fiskars background. The bubbles coming from the octopus is actually in the set. I stamped it with Versamark, added clear embossing powder and colored over it with a blue marker and rubbed the ink off, giving it just a subtle hint so you know something is there. Notice the corners? Yup did those myself, so glad I learned how. Makes adding elements super easy and everything matches.

Since it's Saturday I get to do nothing! Well in theory at least =) Have a fun weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I for one am glad you used the octopus stamp. He is soooooooooooooooooo adorable! I love all of the details on your card. The blue & orange are perfect colors too. Thank you for playing along with this weeks sketch!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete