Thursday, June 23, 2011

Branching Out

***WARNING NO NEW PAPER WAS BOUGHT/USED ON THIS PROJECT*** =)

I took on another personal "pet project". In a perfect world I am a SAHM and make everything homemade, but, crazy things happen and I ended up with a full time career and only dashed daydreams of one day staying at home full time.


But I do still try as hard as I can to make my own stuff or improve on old stuff just to save and let my creativity roam free for a bit. I've had this dream of fabric lately, just tons of fabric and I'll sew cute things and decorate and all that.....mind you I don't own a sewing machine and can't even sew a straight line! It's all these blogs I stalk....they make me want to sew =)

A few years ago we got these beach chairs for a $1 each at a yard sale....cool but now as the kids are a little bigger they are dirty and I can't clean 'em. Sooooooooo I bought F-A-B-R-I-C!!!!!!!! Me and the girl walked around Joanns for 30 minutes while I ooed and ahhhed over cute fabric....the girl not so impressed, but me, I was in heaven!

I decided on some lightweight canvasy stuff with a cute pink polka dotted pattern. So I cut, ironed (I had to explain to the girl what an iron was), and velcroed the covers on. I was going to initially remove the old fabric but left it on for the sturdyness (i.e. I didn't trust my mad skills as a sewer/putter togetherer) I never sewed one piece either. They make this stuff that you just iron on and it basically hems stuff. I'm sure there's a proper name for it but it's like a miracle sewing machine challenged people like me. I just glued the velcro on too, such an easy peasy project. Except for the burned fingers from ironing =)

So here's the pics, I did the boy one too but in boy color polka dots, his is drying tonight so I'll have to take pics later =)



Back view.........

Front view...........


*NEW* Bottom view........

*NEW* Back view........

*NEW* Front View........


Ok I'm outta here it's almost the weekend ba-bay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment