Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Poor Neglected Blog

Awww I miss my blog. I think of it often. Usually once I finish a project and think "I should really post this". That usually doesn't happen because, well I'm usually interrupted by a fight breaking out amongst my Thing 1 and Thing 2.

I however have been a busy bee crafting. In fact just this weekend I made teacher Thanksgiving gifts, made a card for a challenge and made a "Fall" banner for the mantle =) See, I craft, I just don't post it. But I'm going to attempt to be better. I really need to learn how to schedule posts.....

Anywho....here is my Thanksgiving teacher gift for th
e kids' teachers. I used the instructions off of Splitcoaststampers for the Milk Carton Box. Now for the carrier that's a different story. I've seen all over blogland different tutorials for the carrier. There is one on Inking Idaho for sale but it holds 4 containers and I'm on a short time table and don't want to make 8 milk cartons. I found another one with step by step instructions for free! Minor detail I didn't realize....after making it I realized it was for a "Mini Milk Carton Container". Um, yeah, that didn't work. So when all else fails I figure it out and after trial and error I came up with this. It may not be perfect but the cartons stay in there and don't fall out! Pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

I just stamped a leaf from SU! Simple Seasons with VersaMark all over the carton and holder. (VersaMark is THE most amazing ink pad ever!) The top and bottom borders is from Fiskars that my DH bought a few years ago for me. It's actually pretty cute, this was the first time I used it. I think this whole project came out pretty cute. Now to fill it with candy and hopefully the teachers like it as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment