Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Snappy the Turtle

So in my quest to use all the stamps in this set, I share with you today.....Snappy the Turtle. Yes, I named him. I can do that 'cuz I'm cool like that and like to name things. I'm still thinking of a name for my owl punch, if you have any good ones let me know =)

Normally I'm not a turtley person, we had one as a pet but we won't go into what happened. Needless to say Tommy the Turtle is no longer with us =( but anywho, that was many moons ago and Snappy is here and very cute I might add.

The sketch is courtesy of clean & simple #136. All the stamped images are from the Summer Splash set. I just used Versamark for the stripe of Old Olive to give it a background-y look. I also sponged the edge of the Tempting Turquoise strip. I'm not a good sponger but I'm trying....notice the "sand" Snappy is on?! Yes SPONGED! See, I really am trying! And guess what?! This was the first time I used Melon Mambo paper....I am such a hoarder I didn't realize I had it, how sad is that?

It's Wednesday which means closer to the weekend! YIPPEE!!!!!




Ingredients:
{Paper} SU! Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White
{Ink} SU! Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
{Stamp} SU! Summer Splash
{Extras} pop dots, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment